Aside from world peace, a healthy 2013, and a puppy for R (that I magically don’t have to walk!), here is what I would like to receive in commemoration for a day that is in no way my birthday.
(Apologies in advance to the people who have already purchased my 2012 Christmas gifts. I forgot this blog post was a “tradition” until I couldn’t think of anything to write today and looked back into the archives.)
- Phillip Phillip’s CD – I don’t want to buy the good singles on iTunes. I want the physical CD so I can stare at the cover featuring that scruffy, baby-faced, tragically-named Idol winner.
- For the leaders of our nation to do the right thing regarding this whole fiscal cliff situation – I don’t personally think “the right thing” is open to interpretation, so I’m leaving it at that.
- See above. Replace “leaders of this nation” with “Supreme Court Justices” and “fiscal cliff” with “DOMA/Prop 8.” Same explanation applies.
- For Donna Tartt (author of The Secret History and The Little Friend) to come out with another book – Those two are really SO good, and I’d like to another.
- Tickets to a So You Think You Can Dance!! live taping – I don’t know when it’s coming back, and I don’t know that it will be taping in L.A. when it does return. All I know is that I must be present for a live show, finally. Note: tickets to the SYTYCD tour would also be nice, but cannot serve as a stand-in for the live show experience.
- For Meg Ryan to make another really good movie – or go to television already. I miss her so much sometimes…
- For Chris Messina to NOT make another movie (or TV Show) of any kind – Seven films in 2012, and I’m still not convinced that he’s not also in Lincoln. Spread the wealth, guy!
- The Vidalia Chopper (As Seen on TV) – I AM tired of all those tears, plus I still have no idea how to properly cut an onion.
- To go to The Esalen Institute – Mostly for the massages and/or late-night hot springs, but also because I hear it’s like stepping into a crazy, 70s cult in there!
- A DVD compilation of all seasons of House Hunters International – Or if that’s too hard for you to execute, HGTV, could you at least start running them all day every day?
- A lifetime supply of this wine – I keep a picture of it on my iPhone at all times so I can show it to the waiter at every restaurant that offers wine.