I’m back from a quick trip east with an attempt to save you from some of the garbage people that I hear are trolling the dating pool.
In three shorts weeks I’ve talked to not one or three but five women who were wronged by a dude based on one of the following scenarios. While I want to tell you to be trusting, hopeful, open and accepting of all people no matter their past circumstances or the mistakes it may seem like they’re probably going to make, my friends have been burned so I need to take a zero tolerance policy stance for a bit. Bottom line, if he’s that amazing he’ll overcome this baby person stuff and win you over properly.
A quick note on gender. These examples are based on men therefore this is an article about men. If five male friends of mine get dumped in three weeks, I will write a post about it, promise.
DO NOT DATE HIM IF…
- He says, “I just got out of a really long-term relationship.” (I’m sure there are exceptions to this, I’ve just never encountered one)
- You see him less than once a week the entire first month you’re seeing each other.
- You don’t meet at least one friend of his the entire first month you’re seeing each other.
- You don’t visit his apartment the entire first month you’re seeing each other.
- You don’t see each other in daylight the entire first month you’re seeing each other.
- He had a drug problem, but it’s totally under control now so he can use a little whenever.
- He says anything along the lines of, “…you’re too good/smart/accomplished/pretty for me.”
- He is still really close to his ex (again I’m sure there are instances where this isn’t an issue, I’ve just never met one)
- He, “never has cash,” so you end up paying for anything that requires cash.
- He won’t let you leave a single item at his apartment.
- He is active all over social media and yet does not post a single picture including you.
- He says, “I’m a mess right now. You probably don’t want to get involved with me.” (that is a direct quote)
What did I miss, friends?