R is on official television business in two Canadian cities for the next 10 days. This makes me sad because I prefer when R is in the same city as me, plus I just started watching EMPIRE
(and loving every second of it
) and now I have to recap each and every detail of the episodes for him over Facetime, and I hate how I look on Facetime.
And yet there are a few things I’ll do over the next week and a half that are “just me” things aka the way I used to live as a single person (minus the dates). Here are seven of them:
- I will not cook – I can cook and, when I have time to cook, I absolutely love to cook. And yet when left to my own devices I just can’t be bothered to make much more than a bowl of cereal or salad featuring items that don’t need to be chopped. I’ll assemble food, but cooking for one is just too time-consuming to be worth my one-week while. That said, yesterday I made this cold cucumber and avocado soup. It took 5 minutes, and that’s including clean-up.
- I will eat as much cold soup, cooked tuna fish and pineapple as much as possible – Those are the three foods in the world that R does not like, so I try to be nice and not eat them when he’s around. But for now, cold canned tuna soup with pineapple #ALLDAY
- I will meditate every morning – This is an add of convenience because Deepak and Oprah (Doperah or Opek?) happen to be doing another of their 21-Day Meditation Experiences, starting yesterday. I like the idea of meditating in the early mornings but I have trouble focusing when there are other people in the apartment, and we only have one bedroom. So, thank you Operah/Opek for the timing of this opportunity.
- I will smother Louie way too much – When R is around I try to be strict with Louie because we’re both trying hard to train him to be the best dog in the world, and that requires consistency. Buuut he’s not around so I can just big spoon Louie for hours, give him too many treats, and let him wander on walks instead of focusing and no one will know! Please note though: I have no let him sleep in the bed. Seriously I haven’t. Will I cave? TBD…
- I’m going to try to write a script – R is the first person who reads all my writing, so I thought it might be a cool challenge to try and use the time that he’s away to write something brand new for him to read when he gets back. As of right now it’s looking like it’s going to be a one-act play, shitty first draft, of course.
- I’m going to wear this lipstick every single day – R hates this lipstick because it’s super thick, not kissable and stays on forever. Literally it is there in full the next day, after you’ve washed your face. I think it’s actually paint. His points are well taken, so I’m going to get my fill while he’s gone!
- I’m going to do lots of nice things around the house so he has surprises when he comes home – I can’t reveal what those things are because then he will know, and also I haven’t come up with them yet, but they are going to be super sweet and really helpful because R deserves it.
Oh and also I’m going to miss him…